Resident Students can gain the points by participate in UM or PGH activities, each activity will be assigned a specific point by SRS. Besides, SRS may give PGH point(s) as a reward to students who make positive contribution to our UM or PGH community.
Students only need to register by using student cards during the activities then attendance will be recorded.
Students will have points deducted if he/she break the resident rules or commit a disciplinary offence.
- Warning letter
When students receive a warning letter, s/he will lose different PGH points at the same time (Please refer to the below table). A resident who receives 3 warning letters within 2 consecutive semesters will be evicted immediately.
|Disciplinary Case Type||Punishment|
|Put PGH Room on Rental Platform||EVICTION|
|Entering PGH with hazardous articles and substances, forbidden medicine or drugs||EVICTION|
|Stay in room of opposite sex / allow opposite sex to stay in room during non-visiting hours||EVICTION|
|Cooking in rooms of PGH, except in pantries or kitchens||EVICTION|
|Bringing visitor into PGH during non-visiting hours without prior approved application from the Management Company/ SRS||-15|
|Entering floors of PGH rooms of the opposite sex during non-visiting hours||-15|
|Lending room keycard / access card to non-PGH resident||-15|
|Lighting Fire in PGH||-15|
|Commercial activities in PGH residential area, except with prior approval or assigned by the University||-15|
|Late Application of bed-space||-15|
|Behaviors that jeopardize other residents’ personal and property safety||-15|
|Behaviors that severely affect the normal operation and order of the PGH||-15|
|Making false alarm from cooking smoke or steam||-15|
|Bringing visitor without applying visitor pass or without prior approved application from the Management Company/ SRS||-15|
|Smoking in PGH||-10|
|Making noise or behaviors that cause harassment for other PGH residents||-10|
|Improper use of pantry (including but not limited to having hotpot in pantry)||-10|
|Illegal occupation bed space||-10|
|Untidiness in room||-10|
|Throwing objects out into the air||-10|
|Duplicating room cards/ keys without official authorization||-10|
|Damaging public facilities or the appearance (exterior and interior) and integrality of the rooms (including but not limited to dirtying, writing, drawing, drilling holes, putting nail or posting any items on the wall) or altering their functions||-10|
|Moving, exchanging or damaging the furniture or equipment in rooms or public areas (including but not limited to dirtying, writing, drawing, drilling holes, putting nail or posting any items on the furniture) or altering their functions||-10|
|Bringing pets into or keeping pets in PGH||-5|
|Unauthorized occupation of public areas||-5|
|Drinking or possession of alcohol or alcohol content beverages in PGH, except with prior written approval||-5|
|Entering facility/ equipment room, opening facility/ equipment control box or adjusting facility/ equipment without official authorization||-5|
|Improper use of washing machine or dryer (including but not limited to putting shoes inside washing machine or dryer)||-5|
|Not close window during Typhoon||-5|
|Improper treatment of garbage||-5|
|Not settling residence fees, required fees or penalty before payment deadline||-5|
|Absent from the disciplinary meeting without a justified reason||-5|
|Others||Upon the decision of Head of SRS|
1. PGH Single room / Suite allocation process:
In every PGH Point lucky draw of the semester, we will pick up a specific number of the applicants according the number of vacant single room / suite bed spaces. The applicants who are randomly selected will be given an extra point – 10 PGH points. The higher PGH point the applicants gain in their category, the higher priority for single room / suite assignment will be given.
- The single room will be allocated separately according to the ratio of master and PhD applicants in PGH.
- Students who successfully applied for a single room and completed changing room will have their PGH POINTs to be reduced to zero.
- The schedule of single room applications (3 times every year) is generally shown in the table below. The specific date will be subject to the announcement in due course.
|Single room applications in an academic year||Accommodation period||PGH Point calculation period||PGH Point will be reverted to zero? (If you didn’t apply or failed to apply single room)|
|Aug/Sep||Change room||Oct – May (total 8 months)||Apr – Aug (around 5 months)||No (continue accumulating)|
|Jan||Change room||Feb – May (total 4 months)||Apr – Dec last year (around 9 months)||No (continue accumulating)|
|Mar/Apr||Application for summer and next semester in new AY||Jun/Aug – May next year (total 12/10 months)||Apr last year – Apr (around 12 months)||Yes (All be reduced to zero annually)|
2. Allocation of bed spaces:
In case the number of applicants exceeds the number of available Share Room bed spaces of the semester, the PGH point will be considered as a reference standard.
3. Priority to participate in the activities held by SRS. (Student Resources Section). (The eligible students will receive advance notice.)
4. Priority to collect PGH/ UM souvenirs. (The eligible students will receive advance notice.)
- Each student will be granted a specific number of PGH Point (3 – 10 points) only after s/he attends on time and achieves the minimum required participation hours of the designated activities.
- The number of PGH Point granted in each activity will be decided by Student Resources Section (SRS) according to the duration, nature and importance of the activities.
- Students may start to check their PGH Point 15 working days after an activity at Student housing office (S3, G/F, Room G002).
- PGH Point could not be interchanged/exchanged/transferred among students.
- All PGH Points will be planned to reset in April each year. The actual reset date is subject to the actual announcement.
- The activities with PGH Point will be announced through PGH Weekly Updates.
- SRS reserves the right to explain and revise the programme without prior notice.