- To strengthen the management of Postgraduate House
- To enrich the university life of postgraduate students
- To promote national education
- To coordinate with RTO and University management on related activities
- To advance the development of student affairs at UM
SRS decides the number of PGH Points based on the duration, nature and importance of the activities. (For application of UM Dept/RC/Faculty only)
1. Postgraduate students can gain the points by participating in activities confirmed by Student Resources Section (SRS), each activity will be assigned specific PGH Point(s) by SRS. Attendance will only be recorded when Postgraduate students register by presenting student cards during activities.
2. SRS may give PGH point(s) as a reward to Postgraduate students who make positive contribution to UM or PGH community. The specific points will be determined by SRS.
- Warning letter
Postgraduate students who receive a warning letter for breaking the resident rules or committing a disciplinary offence at PGH will lose PGH points accordingly at the same time (Please refer to the below table).
|Disciplinary Case Type||Points deducted|
|Bringing visitor into PGH during non-visiting hours without prior approved application from the Management Company/ SRS||-15|
|Entering floors of PGH rooms of the opposite sex during non-visiting hours||-15|
|Lending room keycard / access card to non-PGH resident||-15|
|Lighting Fire in PGH||-15|
|Commercial activities in PGH residential area, except with prior approval or assigned by the University||-15|
|Late Application of bed-space upon special approval||-15|
|Behaviors that jeopardize other residents’ personal and property safety||-15|
|Behaviors that severely affect the normal operation and order of the PGH||-15|
|Making false alarm from cooking smoke or steam||-15|
|Bringing visitor without applying visitor pass or without prior approved application from the Management Company/ SRS||-15|
|Smoking in PGH||-10|
|Making noise or behaviors that cause harassment for other PGH residents||-10|
|Improper use of pantry (including but not limited to having hotpot in pantry)||-10|
|Illegal occupation bed space||-10|
|Untidiness in room||-10|
|Throwing objects out into the air||-10|
|Damaging public facilities or the appearance (exterior and interior) and integrality of the rooms (including but not limited to dirtying, writing, drawing, drilling holes, putting nail or posting any items on the wall) or altering their functions||-10|
|Moving, exchanging or damaging the furniture or equipment in rooms or public areas (including but not limited to dirtying, writing, drawing, drilling holes, putting nail or posting any items on the furniture) or altering their functions||-10|
|Bringing pets into or keeping pets in PGH||-5|
|Unauthorized occupation of public areas||-5|
|Drinking or possession of alcohol or alcohol content beverages in PGH, except with prior written approval||-5|
|Entering facility/ equipment room, opening facility/ equipment control box or adjusting facility/ equipment without official authorization||-5|
|Improper use of washing machine or dryer (including but not limited to putting shoes inside washing machine or dryer)||-5|
|Unclosed windows during Typhoon||-5|
|Improper treatment of garbage||-5|
|Not settling residence fees, required fees or penalty before payment deadline||-5|
|Not complying with the quarantine measures and requirements in the areas of PGHNew!||-5 ~ -15|
|Absent from the disciplinary meeting without a justified reason||-3|
|Leaving parcel or personal belongings unattended at PGH outdoor areasNew!||-3|
|Other disciplinary case||Upon the decision of Head of SRS|
- Other deduction of PGH Points New!
|Absence from the activities with PGH Points without a justified reason||Specified according to the PGH Point value of the activity|
1) PGH Single room / room change allocation : Updated!
- For eligible applicants of single room, priority will be given to PhD applicants in general, and single rooms will be allocated to eligible applicants according to the sequence of PGH Points. When there are insufficient number of available rooms and equal points occur, it will be decided by a lucky draw. The requirements of eligible applicants will be subject to the actual application announcement at the time.
- Students who successfully applied for a single room and completed room change procedure will have their PGH POINTs deducted. The method of deduction shall be subjected to the announcement of actual application.
- Students who successfully applied for change room and completed room change procedure will have their PGH POINTs deducted. The method of deduction shall be subjected to the announcement of actual application.
- The schedule of single room applications (3 times every year) is generally shown in the table below. The specific date will be subject to the announcement in due course.
|Single room / room change applications in the current academic year||If approved, the stay period of new room will be||PGH Point calculation period for single room / room change application||PGH Point will be reduced? (If applicant didn’t apply or failed to apply single room / room change )|
|Aug/Sept||Room change in 1st semester||October to December of the current academic year (about 3 months)|
If eligible for renewal of accommodation for the second semester of the current academic year.January to May of the current academic year (about 5 months)
|April to July of last academic year (about 4 months)||No (PGH Points will continue to accumulat)|
|Nov||Room change application for residents who are eligible for renewal of 2nd semester||January to May of the current academic year (about 5 months)||April of the previous academic year to November of the current academic year (about 8 months)||All positive PGH points will be zeroed once a semester. Students will have to accumulate points to offset negative points as negative points will not be automatically reset to zero.|
|Mar/Apr||Application for summer and next semester in new AY||Summer Accommodation:|
June or July (specific dates will be announced at the time)If eligible to renew your stay for 1st semester of the following academic year:August to December (about 5 months)
If eligible to stay for 2nd semester of the following academic year:
|December to March/April of the current academic year (about 4-5 months)||All positive PGH points will be zeroed once a semester. Students will have to accumulate points to offset negative points as negative points will not be automatically reset to zero.|
2) Allocation and qualification of PGH bed-spaces: Updated!
- Allocation of bedspaces will not be depended on PGH points, meaning PGH points and bedspace allocation are not correlated.
- Prioritized distribution of PGH bedspace based on PGH Points will be discontinued.
- Students with negative PGH Points will be denied bedspace renewal and bedspace application in PGH during the PGH Point calculation period.
3) Priority to participate in the activities held by SRS. (The eligible students will receive an advance notice.)
4) Priority to collect PGH/ UM souvenirs. (The eligible students will receive an advance notice.)
1) PGH Point is managed by the SRS. Except for the activities of RTO, PGH Point applications of other units’ activities can only be considered case by case.
2) Each Postgraduate student will be granted a specific number of PGH Points (1 – 10 points) only after s/he attends on time and achieves the minimum required participation hours of the designated activities.
3) For those who do not respect the activity or neglect the staff’s guidance, SRS reserves the right to cancel his/her PGH Point(s).
4) The points will be uploaded to the system within 15 working days after an activity and students may check their PGH Points by logging in https://isw.um.edu.mo/housing/login/login with UMPASS for self-service enquiry. If students have any doubt on the points of an activity, students may submit their appeal to SRS within 30 working days after the activity day. Otherwise, no appeal will be accepted afterward (The appeal period of the activity which was held one month prior to the room application / change room application period will be notified separately).
5) PGH Point could not be interchanged/exchanged/transferred among students.
6) All positive PGH Points will reset every semester. The actual reset date is subjected to the actual announcement. Students will have to accumulate points to offset negative points as negative points will not be automatically reset to zero.
7) The activities with PGH Point will be announced through PGH Weekly Updates or Student E-bulletin.
8) SRS reserves the right to explain and revise the scheme without prior notice.