According to the Law of Macau, all non-local students studying at Macau’s tertiary education institutions have to apply for the “Special Authorization to Stay” (Student Visa). Student Resources Section (SRS) will arrange for the first time application to all non-local freshmen.

Application for the “Special Authorization to Stay” should be submitted to the Macau Immigration Office:

Immigration Building

Address: Edf. do Serviço de Migração Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macau
Telephone: (853) 2872 5488 (6 lines)
Fax: (853) 8897 0300
Website (in Chinese/Portuguese only)

Office Hours:

Monday to Thursday 09:00 – 17:45
Friday 09:00 – 17:30

In accordance with the Macao Law, all non-local students must obtain the “Special Authorization to Stay”. Failing to comply with this requirement will result in violation of the law and a serious consequence. We would like to remind you to go to the Immigration Office immediately to apply for the “Special Authorization to Stay” if you have not yet done so.

Students from Mainland China can apply their visa documents in Public Security Bureau of their Registered Residence by the admission notice. For any Mainland China student who studies in Macau, the following documents should be required:

         (1). “Two-way Exit Permit”

         (2). “Type D – Stay”

Please refer to the website of The Ministry of Public Security of the People’s Republic of China:

Mainland China citizens holding the “Two-way Exit Permit” who could not finish the course within the stay period, can apply for a new “Two-way Exit Permit” and “Type D – Stay”.

Applying Location:

The Visa Section of the Zhuhai Immigration Department


China Travel Service (Macao) Ltd.


When your “Two-way Exit Permit” is missing, please complete the following procedures for re-applying a new one.

1. Report missing case to the Customs & Police Building in UM campus and get a loss memo.

2. Apply a testimonial for reporting the missing “Two-way Exit Permit” on the Registry at N6.

3. Apply a report notice of at Immigration Department Office Building (Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao)

Then, go to China Travel Service (Macao) Ltd. (Avenida do Dr.Rodrigo Rodrigues,Nam Kwong Building,1/F, Macau) with the following documents:

1. P.R.C. identity card (original and a copy)

2. A copy of the “Two-way Exit Permit”

3. Two photos of blue background with valid acknowledgement of digital photos

For more information about China Travel Service (Macao) Ltd. website and its office hour:

The procedure might take about a month, please inform Student Resources Section when you have your new “Two-way Exit Permit”, then we will arrange the application of “Special Authorization to Stay”.  

Please contact Mr. Duncan Ho or Ms. Stella Ngai via 8822 9902 / 8822 9912 or email to if you have any enquiry.

Mainland China citizens with a valid “Two-way Exit Permit” who travels to Hong Kong for any exchange activities, are entitled to apply for the visa.

Please refer to the website of China Travel Service (Macao) Ltd:

The Macau Immigration Department has issued the points to note for non-local students about the handling of the study visa here in Macau when withdrawl from study, deferment of study or finishing study early. Please click here for detail information.